"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." By Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Chalazion..  

Posted by Ms Kuzie @ Gee @ Nor @ Suka

Do you ever heard about chalazion (pronounce as "kuh-LAY-zee-on") before? Usually when you are infected with chalazion, some people would probably tease you that you have been peeping someone. It is not true and totally nonsense. Because I never ever peeping anyone!!! Chalazion is actually a lump in the eyelid and develops when an oil gland in the eyelid becomes blocked.

I have had my chalazion on my left eye, for about four months now. It is not pain at all but quiet discomforting. Initially, I went to see Ophthalmologist, Dr Ahmad and he prescribed an eye ointment but the chalazion doesn’t seem to get any better. Last Monday, was my second appointment and he advised me to do a minor operation to remove it. The moment I heard about the word “operation” I start imagine operation theatre with surgical lights, heartbeats monitor etc. Since, I had a worried look on my face, he explained to me that the operation will take about 5 – 10 minutes only and performed under local anaesthetic, which is applied with a small injection into the eyelid. When the eyelid is numbed, a tiny cut is made on the back of the eyelid. The lump is then removed and pressure is applied for a few minutes to stop any oozing of blood that may occur because of the operation. There will no stitches since the cut is at the back of eyelid. His explanation is really make me feel better… hehehehe…

But when I went home, I realized that my chalazion is getting smaller and it is kind of drying up!! I really don’t know whether this is a sign that my chalazion will go away on their own or not. But I think I should stand firm on my decision and will go for the operation. Because, if my chalazion will go away on their own it probably will take about another few months which I don’t think so I can wait…. And another important thing that we should know is what looks like a chalazion can actually be a sign of something much worse.

So I am having my chalazion removal surgery next Monday, 22/6. Wish me good luck!!!!!

This entry was posted on 1:19 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Clock